Master of Information Studies – University of Toronto
Toronto, Ontario, Canada – 2009
Bachelor of Arts (Information Technology) – York University
Toronto, Ontario, Canada – 2007
Diploma, Computer Programmer Analyst – Fanshawe College
London, Ontario, Canada – 2004
SoapBox Innovations Inc. – CTO & Co-Founder – Present
Ryerson University – Innovative Technologies Librarian – 2011
Ryerson University – Library Systems Analyst – 2009
York University – Laboratory Monitor / Technician – 2007
- Eichenlaub, N., Gabel, L., Jakubek, D., McCarthy, G., and Weina Wang, “Project iPad: Investigating Tablet Integration in Learning and Libraries at Ryerson University”, Computers In Libraries, Vol. 31, No. 7 (Sept 2011) (link)
- Graham McCarthy & Sally Wilson, “ISBN and QR Barcode Scanning Mobile App for Libraries”, Code4Lib Journal, Issue 13, 2011-04-11 (link)
- Sally Wilson, Graham McCarthy, “The mobile university: from the library to the campus”, Reference Services Review, Vol. 38 Iss: 2, pp.214 – 232 (link)
- M-Libraries 2. May 2010; 320pp; paperback; 978-1-85604-696-1; (link)
- June 13th, 2012 – Presenting the ArchApp – CARTO2012 – ( link )
- June 6th, 2012 – Mobile Application Development, North York ( link )
- Apr 1st, 2012 – There’s an App for That: Ubiquitous Computing Thinking Outside the Classroom – ARLIS ( link )
- Feb 2nd, 2012 – Library Mobile Architecture Project – Ontario Library Association’s Super Conference 2012 in Toronto, Canada. ( link )
- Nov 1st, 2011 – Mobile App Development for Libraries – Education Institute ( link )
- August 5th, 2011 – Presenting at “BTES (Building Technologies Educator’s Society) Conference in Toronto, ON. Session: “Please Turn On Your Cell Phones” ( link )
- March 21st, 2011 – Presented at “Computers in Libraries” in Washington D.C. Presented findings on the benefits and drawbacks of using tablet computers as a research tool in Higher Education.
- McCarthy. G., (2010). “Trailblazing Library: Campus Wide Mobile Services”. Presented at the inaugural EMTACL10 Conference in Trondheim, Norway. (April 27th, 2010)
- McCarthy. G., (2010). “Web 2.0 Technologies for Libraries”. Presented at the Ontario Library Services-North Conference in Sudbury, Ontario. (May 26th, 2010)
- McCarthy. G., Wilson, S., (2010). “The Ryerson Mobile Experience”. Presented at OLITA’s Digital Odyssey held at Ryerson University. (July 8th, 2010)
- Presented at the University of Waterloo on Ryerson University’s Mobile Projects (November 11th, 2010)
- November 30th, 2010 – Presented at the Toronto Public Library, Toronto Reference Library, on Mobile Technologies
- McCarthy, G., Wilson, S., (2009). “The Library’s Place in a Mobile Space”. Presented at the 2nd Int’l m-Libraries Conference at the University of British Columbia.
- Wilson, S., McCarthy, G., (2009). “Getting Mobile”. Presented at the Toronto, Ryerson, and York (TRY) libraries conference at the University of Toronto.
- McCarthy, G., (2009). “(Faux) Sign On”. Presented at the Eastern Canada Innovative Users Group (ECIUG) at Ryerson University.
- Banerjee, S., McCarthy, G., (2008). “Is your Library website enough?” Poster session presented at the International Federated Library Associations (IFLA) conference at le Centre des congrès de Québec, Quebec City.
- Wilson, S., McCarthy, G., (2008). “Integrating your Library and your Users Environment” Presented at the Toronto, Ryerson and York (TRY) libraries conference at the University of Toronto.
- “OLITA 2011 Technological Innovation Award” – OLA Super Conference, Toronto, Canada.
ISBN & QR barcode scanner and catalogue lookup application for iOS and Google Android devices.
- “Most Innovative Patron Service” – IUG Conference, Washington D.C.
Facebook/Library Catalogue Integration Project.